:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 03:03:19PM +0000, hellekin wrote:
> On 02/28/2016 07:38 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> >
> > I suggest we use this mailing list for communication, and label each
> > post with the word DE in capital letters on the subject line.
> > Thus they'll end up arriving as [DNG] DE ...
> >

> We can do that, or use Mailman topics: so if you put [DE] in your
> Subject, you are filtered. That way people who want can subscribe to a
> subset of the list. The main issue with this process is that it forces
> you to include the tag in the Subject every time.
>
> Anyway a month or two from now, Discourse will be ready to surpass
> Mailman as a mailing list manager, thanks to a grant the Discourse team
> received for that purpose [0]. This is great news for people allergic
> to Web forum, as you will be able to do everything without ever opening
> a Web browser.

I don't object to using a web browser, I just haven't found a
mailing-list web site that's as good as my newsreader, reading the
gmane version of this mailing list.

> On the Gitlab there's no group yet for Desktop. If enough people are
> interested in configuring, customizing, and finding commonalities
> between Desktop Environments that could be interesting.

I was thinking about summarizing this discussion by identifying al the
DEs and WMs that have been discussed so far and usng that to classify
the comments people have made.

Then I though that this would be the right kind of thing for a wiki.

-- hendrik