:: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Manage…
Author: Rob Owens
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Managers
I use hotkeys extensively in Fluxbox. Fluxbox allows you to set each
hotkey individually, so you could have Ctrl-Alt-a perform one action
and Control-Shift-a perform another. I would like the configuration
to allow variables and multiple hotkeys. This should be a valid
configuration:

HOTKEY=ctrl-alt
HOTKEY2=ctrl-alt-shift
$HOTKEY-a :Exec /usr/bin/a
$HOTKEY-b :Exec /usr/bin/b
$HOTKEY2-c :Exec /usr/bin/c
ctrl-shift-d :Exec /usr/bin/d

This would allow users to more easily change which keys enable the
hotkey action, in order to eliminate conflicts with any particular
software they use.

Note that I don't use the Win/Meta key because I have several keyboards
which do not have that key.

Fluxbox also allows combos like Ctrl-Alt-a Ctrl-Alt-b :Exec /usr/bin/e,
and that is useful for when you assign a hotkey for almost every
application you use, like I do.

The hotkeys I can no longer do without are:

Move window 1 pixel:
Ctrl-Alt-Shift-{arrow key}

Move window 10 pixels:
Ctrl-Alt-{arrow key}