:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
On 02/28/2016 07:38 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> I suggest we use this mailing list for communication, and label each
> post with the word DE in capital letters on the subject line.
> Thus they'll end up arriving as [DNG] DE ...

We can do that, or use Mailman topics: so if you put [DE] in your
Subject, you are filtered. That way people who want can subscribe to a
subset of the list. The main issue with this process is that it forces
you to include the tag in the Subject every time.

Anyway a month or two from now, Discourse will be ready to surpass
Mailman as a mailing list manager, thanks to a grant the Discourse team
received for that purpose [0]. This is great news for people allergic
to Web forum, as you will be able to do everything without ever opening
a Web browser.

On the Gitlab there's no group yet for Desktop. If enough people are
interested in configuring, customizing, and finding commonalities
between Desktop Environments that could be interesting.

==
hk

[0]:
https://blog.discourse.org/2015/12/discourse-selected-for-mozilla-open-source-support-program/

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/