:: Re: [DNG] Enlightenment anyone? ;)
Author: Mitt Green
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Enlightenment anyone? ;)
asbesto wrote:

>Really I don't know what kind or version of E are all you using>because here works like a charm, it's pure beauty, simple and
>effective.>and only 60 Mb.

>Icons and everything.

>Are we talking about the same Enlightenment? :D

[by the way, you replied to me directly]

Eyecandy is nice to some extent, then it becomes something
overblown. I don't argue, that GNOME3/Plasma5 are beautiful,
in some way. These things are simply too heavy for many of us.
I'd probably rather install Xfce, which is, by the way, lighter,
but both of them pull dbus, on Debian at least (Xfconf relies
on it anyway).

My setup is Openbox+Compton+tint2 (and feh for wallpaper),
OB uses less 20MB of RAM, tint2 - about 15 and Compton - ~5.

There are plenty of window managers, that can be eyecandy,
though in some you have to invest some time. These include dwm,
FVWM, i3, cwm (package name is openbsd-cwm). Some of them don't
even have window decorations and are completely keyboard druv.

If you will decide to go with Openbox, on my DeviantArt
page (mitt27.deviantart.com) I offer a couple of themes
plus collections of wallpapers, which include Debian related.

I'm glad that you enjoy E :)

My €0.02,
Mitt