:: Re: [DNG] Upgrading a MIPSel Jessie…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Upgrading a MIPSel Jessie to Devuan
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 03:02:16AM +0100, David Kuehling wrote:
> Especially on Mips one may have to work with older or non-official
> kernels, which used to be no problem with Debian, until Systemd came
> around. Here [1] it says systemd needs Linux > 3.7: I only have <= 3.5
> on my Mips machines. Now I'm afraid of ever running "apt-get update"
> again.

Systemd crap aside, the minimal requirement for jessie is 2.6.something,
it has just been bumped to 3.2 for unstable. As far as I know, forcing a
lower kernel is currently a matter of recompiling libc.

I do own an arm laptop that has a sourceless 3.0 kernel so in theory I
should give it a try, but currently I'm out of damns to give for that
machine...

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.