:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Le 02/01/2016 18:39, Steve Litt a écrit :
> In other words, I don't think this stuff has to be compiled into
> the kernel monolithically: It just has to be in the right directories
> on the root partition.

     Either a driver is built in the kernel or it is in a loadable
module. In the last case, the kernels looks for the module in /lib/modules.

     Therefore, if you want to mount a disk partition, you either need
the necessary drivers and filesystem built-in the kernel or have them in
the initrd/initramfs (under /lib/modules). Having the module on the disk
won't help -- egg and chicken.

     Didier