:: Re: [DNG] PXE boot files
Author: richard lucassen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] PXE boot files
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 13:55:29 +0100 (CET)
karl@??? wrote:

> > Is there somewhere around an initrd.img and a vmlinuz to put on my
> > PXE boot server in order to be able to do a netinstall from PXE?
>
> apt-get install syslinux
> less /usr/share/doc/syslinux/pxelinux.txt.gz

I mean this, like under Debian:

wget -N
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz
wget -N
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/linux

I know I can retrieve these files from the iso:

http://files.devuan.org/devuan-jessie-i386-alpha2-netboot-auto.iso

But it would be nice if these files were available directly from
files.devuan.org...

BTW, just tried to override a Debian install:

$ cat /etc/issue.net
Devuan GNU/Linux 1

For the moment it works perfectly well :-)

OTOH: when installing from PXE (with the files from the iso, it does
not seem to switch to expert mode when appending "priority=low".
According to the files I find on the iso this should do the job.

Anyone a hint?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |