:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Mitt Green
To: Rainer Weikusat
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
‎Ra‎iner ,

You miss my point. I am trying to deliver
the message that it is in my opinion
unacceptable for people to use oath and insults in
public. Doesn't matter in a pub, in a shop,
in a mailing list, in a class, in a street, whatever.
It can be acceptable in gangsta rap, in rednecks
societies, in Louis CK stand-up.

Linus, Lennart, Theo de Raadt, they are all
criticised for using inappropriate language.
Debian is also blamed for lacking a little discipline
in the public mailing lists. I think we should
be like people in BSDs (comparing because I know
what I'm about), professional and friendly,
this at the same time also leads to proper documentation
(caring about others). I'm not cringing in disgust,
instead I'm saying that there is something else we
should excess at, and in my opinion it is valuable.
I don't agree with Linus that respect has to be earned;
I reckon it should be shown to everyone around
(well, at least publicly).

My two pennies,

Mitt‎