:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> writes:
> Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> writes:
>> I've been talking a lot about courtesy in the community.
>> It is certainly the biggest thing Debian lacks (and
>> some mates from outside lack it as well, check my post here:
>> http://www.linux.org/threads/random-thoughts-on-linux-and-open-source-movement.7452/)
>>
>> I must admit that I *hate* when people use gutter language and insults
>> in a public mailing list.

[...]

> those capable of working themselves up into exalted, strongly negative
> emotional states (such as 'hate') because of trifles.

As additional clarification: I didn't mean to suggest that Mitt Green
was seriously contemplating to get his battle axe ready to chop somone's
foul head off because of "use of four letter words in public", just
highlight that one should be very careful wrt reading '[irrational]
aggression' into people based on use of certain words.