:: Re: [DNG] netman: Please, do NOT us…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] netman: Please, do NOT use 17-Dec-2015 commit/merge
On 18/12/2015, Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:
> [...]
>>     debian/files
>>     debian/netman-backend.debhelper.log
>>     debian/netman-backend.substvars
>>     debian/netman-backend/
>>     debian/netman-gui.debhelper.log
>>     debian/netman-gui.substvars
>>     debian/netman-gui/

> The files on the second [quoted above] list shouldn't be committed as they're generated
> by the build process. As to the first two, if git thinks they were
> changed and you don't, chances are that you're wrong although to
> opposite is also possible. Just check for changes via 'git diff' and
> commit them.

Hi Rainer and many thanks for your help,
In line with the quote above, what else should NOT be included in my
upload (git push) to git.devuan.org?

The list follows here:

edbarx@edbarx-pc:~/netman_from_backup_08.12.2015$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes to be committed:
(use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

    modified:   Makefile
    modified:   debian/netman-backend.install
    modified:   debian/rules

Untracked files:
(use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

    .pc/
    backend
    backend_src/bin/
    backend_src/obj/
    debian/patches/
    debian/tmp/

I think, I should instruct git to ignore all of them (.gitignore).

Edward