:: Re: [DNG] netman: Please, do NOT us…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: aitor_czr
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] netman: Please, do NOT use 17-Dec-2015 commit/merge
Hi Aitor,

dpkg-buildpackage succeeds to build two .deb packages but netman/.git
is broken. I have a full system backup including /home from the 8th
December 2015, but that would mean, losing all changes since that
date. Currently, "git status" is saying:

edbarx@edbarx-pc:~/netman-0.1.1$ ls
backend.pas           debian                    LICENSE
netman.ico        network-transmit-receive.ico
backend_src           formeditconnectprops.lfm  mainform.lfm
netman_icons.lrs  network-wired-disconnected.ico
backup                formeditconnectprops.pas  mainform.pas
netman.lpi        README
common_functions.pas  helpwndu.lfm              Makefile        netman.lpr
connect_info.lfm      helpwndu.pas              netman          netman.lps
connect_info.pas      lib                       netman.desktop  netman.res
edbarx@edbarx-pc:~/netman-0.1.1$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is behind 'origin/master' by 2 commits, and can be fast-forwarded.
  (use "git pull" to update your local branch)
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

    modified:   netman.desktop
    modified:   netman.lps

Untracked files:
(use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

    debian/files
    debian/netman-backend.debhelper.log
    debian/netman-backend.substvars
    debian/netman-backend/
    debian/netman-gui.debhelper.log
    debian/netman-gui.substvars
    debian/netman-gui/

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

This is NOT true: those files have been already committed.

I am thinking about a complete restore from the 8th December 2015 but
I have serious doubts whether this is the way to go. I am too hesitant
to use git without the ability to forecast the results.

Edward