:: Re: [DNG] top posting, was: Re: De…
Author: Arnt Gulbrandsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] top posting, was: Re: Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
katolaz@??? writes:
> my nickname is actually KatolaZ, as written at the bottom of all my
> emails :) On top of that, if you would have bottom-quoted my message,
> you would have noted that my personal rant was followed by "IMHO",
> which is short for "In My Humble Opinion".

It was labelled humble, but the message didn't sound very humble. It also
sounded as if you have never tried to find a rationale for top-posting.

If you assume 1) that most people read their mail using clients that show
the top part of a message by default and can scroll/page to the rest, 2)
that people generally remember what a thread is about when based on the
subject and 3) that people are generally disciplined about digressions,
then top-posting isn't at all bad. The main content of a message is
presented on-screen right away, even on a small screen, and in case the
reader doesn't remember the context, then that context is available by
scrolling down.

Arnt