:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Roger Leigh
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 07:14:35PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:

[cut]

> That's correct. You can put the build directory anywhere you like.
> But, you do need to chdir to the build directory before running
> "cmake /path/to/source", just as you do when running
> "/path/to/configure" with autoconf. You can of course run "cmake
> .", and have the source and build directories be the same, but then
> there's no separation and you end up writing the cache file to the
> source tree (which can cause problems for any future out-of-source
> builds since it will be reused).

I am pretty sure I have compiled stuff with cmake, with separate build
and source directories, and without the need to manually chdir
anywhere. I remember it was possible to set a cmake variable for this
purpose (was it anything like EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH?!?!?), but I
might be wrong on this. Maybe I am too accustomed with autotools :)

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]