Til: dng, tilt!
Emne: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
Hi,

Now, the frontend can create a text file to declare a default wifi and
ethernet devices. Since this file is writable by ordinary unprivileged
users, and because the file will be used by the backend to decide
which devices to use in cases where such a file exists, I am thinking
about validating the device names before using popen or execl. The
validation will check for illegal characters like shell delimiters
which can be inserted by malicious users to run malicious commands. My
impression is that device names will be composed of letters from the
English alphabet and digits with all other characters unallowed.

With the backend directly accessing the text file, additional
parameters to define the network interface to use will be avoided for
both Connect and Disconnect. This means, the backend command set will
remain unaltered.

Edward