:: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netma…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Edward Bartolo
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netman?
On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 08:04:15AM +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:

[cut]

> I dedicated hours upon hours of my free time, often resulting in a
> headache to complete the project within reasonable time. However, I go
> a beating and a severe bashing instead of being guided to do better
> the next time.

Again guys, the quality of a software does not improve of get worse if
we spend more words about its pluses and minuses, or if we bring in
the discussion more motivations and excuses about what we think is a
plus or a minus. A software is good if it serves a need or solves a
problem in a good way, whatever your notion of "good" is. If this
happens, (some) people will use, change and improve it, and the
software will survive. Otherwise, it will fall into oblivion, as has
already happened for 99.9% of the code written so far.

For Edward: I know it is almost unavoidable to get comments on the
software you produce at a personal level, but as in any other creative
activity, the take of the creator on his own creature might (or would?
or should?) differ from the opinion of others. You should probably
accept it and live with that, if you want to continue writing
software. It's just impossible to make everybody happy, so if you want
to keep coding just code for your own happiness, as every free
software coder does. Sometimes your happiness will match the happiness
of somebody else, while most of the times it will not. If this is a
major problem for you, go choose another creative activity and have
fun :)

Having said that, I also had a quick look to netman C code, and it
seemed a bit kinky to me, even putting aside the fact that it does not
compile out of the box, which is quite irritating as well...

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]