:: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netma…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netman?
Le 26/09/2015 08:04, Edward Bartolo a écrit :
> not to see the ultimate aim of the project, which is to
> avoid using ifup, ifdown and any interfaces files

     Edward,

     This was, up to now, a hidden goal. It might explain why you never
replied to my mails, because I was advocating the opposite: cooperate
gently with the existing infrastructure instead of bypassing it all.

     This goal was probably not hidden to those reviewing the source,
but it is not my way to look into the source before reading a clear
statement about the intentions.

> to be evaluated
> against the context of a coder who has had NO FORMAL TRAINING IN
> PROGRAMMING.

     Instead, you presented yourself from the beginning as an seasonned
programmer and rejected some wise recommendations.

     I won't evaluate the result. About the method, I would say it is a
good way to keep people like me out of the loop; but I'm not saying it
was intentionnal.

     Thanks for your effort. I bet you have learned a lot about Linux,
linuxers and cooperative development. I hope you won't be discouraged by
the reactions.

     Didier