:: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT…
Góra strony
Autor: Edward Bartolo
Dla: tilt
CC: dng, aitor_czr
Temat: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT project
Hi,

I tested my installation, Devuan 64 bit, for unwanted behaviour when
/etc/network/interfaces contains lines as follows but which point to
inexistent physical devices:

iface wlan1 inet dhcp

The OS didn't complain and I was able to use netman as usual without
the least of issues. Needless to state, I kept the original "iface
wlan0 inet dhcp".

This is with "iface wlan1 inet dhcp" present in /etc/network/interfaces:
# ifup wlan1
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.1
Copyright 2004-2014 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Cannot find device "wlan1"
Bind socket to interface: No such device

If you think you have received this message due to a bug rather
than a configuration issue please read the section on submitting
bugs on either our web page at www.isc.org or in the README file
before submitting a bug. These pages explain the proper
process and the information we find helpful for debugging..

exiting.
Failed to bring up wlan1.

And this is with "iface wlan1 inet dhcp" removed from /etc/network/interfaces:
root@edbarx-pc:/dev# ifup wlan1
Ignoring unknown interface wlan1=wlan1.

Both instances fail to connect but with different error messages.

Edward.