:: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT…
Góra strony
Autor: Edward Bartolo
Dla: aitor_czr
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT project
Hi all,

The additional ability to recognize wlan1, wlan2, wlan3, etc, in
something I will do as soon as I can.

Regarding the use of "iface wlan0 inet dhcp" in
/etc/network/interfaces, I have no other option unless someone really
versed in network configuration provides an alternative that works and
that doesn't disrupt the already working code.

I have already a germinating idea of how to implement support for
wlanN. This is by naming the essid files as wlanX_essid. This way only
the essid saving function and the frontend essid listing functions
would need to be changed. The connecting functions of the backend
would simply parse the filename to extract the device name, and it
would be done.

However, at this time of the year, I am very busy doing other work
besides programming for Devuan. At the moment, I am busy planting my
vegetables which cannot wait as that depends on the season, and a
couple of weeks makes a whole difference.

Edward