:: Re: [DNG] Automatic connections: ex…
Góra strony
Autor: KatolaZ
Dla: Edward Bartolo
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Automatic connections: expected behaviour from netman
On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 05:20:25PM +0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> By automatic connections I understood netman using the available
> essids for which it knows the password to connect. This means, it does
> not attempt to connect if no essid file is found under
> /etc/network/wifi.

A simple question: how will netman choose between two or more
available ESSIDs? Will it just go for the one providing a stronger
signal? And what if the signal-strength-based ranking keeps changing?
Will netman go on and off to chase the ESSID witht the strongest
signal?

Would it be possible to "force" the usage of a given ESSID in
such cases?

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]