:: Re: [DNG] He who forgets history...
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] He who forgets history...
Almost hard to believe that those are nearly 17 years old. I'd been
using Linux as my main system since January 1998 and had played with it
since September 1996 by dual-booting with DOS/Windows and later Windows
'95.

To be fair, I think much progress toward ease of use came in the early
years of Linux commercialization. Once that was largely complete it has
become a pile of needless churn commonly exemplified by an unwritten
reason of "that tech we implemented several years ago isn't good enough
so now here is something completely incompatible that does exactly the
same thing". As I see it, systemd is not the end but in a few years
time it will be reimplemented all over again and the churn will
continue.

Incremental upgrades are good to give software new capabilities and
resolve issues, but complete and incompatible overhauls are not, IMO.

- Nate