:: Re: [DNG] A better default windows …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A better default windows manager
On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:22:26 -0300
John Jensen <bsduser65@???> wrote:

> I know it's decided that XFCE will be the default, which is fine, and
> as a simply end user I'll be happy with a functional system. I do
> have a question though. I find JWM to be quite flexible, although
> I've still much to try and learn about configuring it. It seems to do
> about everything a person would want in a very small memory
> footprint. Does a WM like this have to pull done a lot of libraries
> that would be native(?) to XFCE to run the programs a typical user
> would want and does this increase a WMs footprint to that more like
> XFCE?

If you're willing to live without xfce4-terminal and all the other Xfce
applications, then I'd imagine you wouldn't need to pull down any Xfce
libraries at all to run JWM. JWM is an outstanding Win95 type interface
that's obvious to anyone, and my impression is that it has very few
dependencies.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21