:: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
On Fri, 24 Jul 2015, miro.rovis@??? wrote:

> I can see that, now, Jaromil, you basically seem to be inclined to
> allow in Devuan pretty much just what I tried to get available in it
> (not just for me, but for others who will want to go that way).

yes Miroslav - and vdev is one of the most important pieces of this
puzzle, I believe. That's why we are doing everything possible to
support the good work Jude is doing.

> And to me, that really has much more weight than the little hardship
> that made me a little annoyed and, also spiteful, in one or two
> occasions. I hope this matter need not cause unrest to anyone any
> longer now.

just water over the dam.

> I would however like to show how I'm trying to bring things to
> cooperativeness with Thorsten too:

thanks for the passionate initiative, but I believe we don't need to
drag people into the Devuan project, rather than enable those who are
already involved. the value of Devuan today is first and foremost our
infrastructure: the continuous integration system allowing us to be an
alternative base system to Debian and still capable to provide
replicable builds.

The Mir WTF project may (or may not) match our quality standards,
however you'll be able to use it with Devuan without the need of any
coordination between our teams: as mirabilios says there is no need to
make a version for Devuan.

ciao