:: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan…
Author: miro.rovis
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 09:11:57AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

> On 24 July 2015 05:26:00 CEST, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@???> wrote:

> >> yep. this is sort of going bonkers.
>
> [... Isaac's detailed explanation ...]
>
> >Does that clarify anything?
>
> yes Isaac, thanks for taking the time. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but for some reason
> me and Jude started receiving private emails of similar confusing kind and this made
> me nervous enough to compalain here. Glad we can count on your balanced reaction.
>
> I did not know Mir's story, neither analysed packages. Are they in a git repo? that would
> help a lot, perhaps we could host them on our gitlab if needed.
>
> I am interested in the effort and it would be easy to offer Devuan/Mir installers toasted
> through our CI. I think such a minimal system is interesting to have, I can imagine it would
> be saving some time when installing embedded and/or hardened systems.

I'd like to thank Isaac too, and I'm really grateful to you!

I can see that, now, Jaromil, you basically seem to be inclined to allow
in Devuan pretty much just what I tried to get available in it (not just
for me, but for others who will want to go that way).

And to me, that really has much more weight than the little hardship
that made me a little annoyed and, also spiteful, in one or two
occasions. I hope this matter need not cause unrest to anyone any
longer now.

I would however like to show how I'm trying to bring things to
cooperativeness with Thorsten too:

MirDebian WTF topic on Devuan ML
http://marc.info/?t=143768432600005&r=1&w=2
(the thread itself is because they had it set that way, to me that is
OK, even though neither me, not Jaromil wrote to the list. I'm sure the
matter discussed is the kind that devs like not to remain in private
mails, but to go directly to public)

where, please find my recent message:

(same title)
http://marc.info/?l=miros-discuss&m=143775343704222&w=2

and if now this matter turns out in more peaceful terms from all the
involved, I'll be more than happy!

And I'd like to, as soon as I find time, test if I can install a no-dbus
no-poetterware Devuan, and till then, I'll be off the list, only reading
from you, since I'm not a dev, and really my top achievement I'm afraid
can only be, hopefully a good tester.

But I will be busy elsewhere in the forthcoming days, and I expect to
find time to test Devuan like that hardly sooner than in ten *or more*
days only. But I'm really looking forward to my testing Devuan!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia