:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anto
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jude Nelson
Υ/ο: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On 20/04/15 06:08, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hi Anto,
>
> [Snip]
>
>     I took the picture of my screen, vdev debugging log and dmesg from
>     (initramfs) prompt. The picture is still quite bad from
>     photographic point of view, but I think it is good enough to give
>     you information. Please find them on
>     https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/on_initramfs_18Apr15.tar.gz.

> Thanks for this--it's very helpful :) It looks like none of the vdev
> helper programs (in /lib/vdev) made it into the initramfs, which means
> that none of the device symlinks are getting set up. Can you verify
> whether or not /lib/vdev is populated on the initramfs? You can use
> the lsinitramfs command, for example.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jude

Hello Jude,

Yes, /lib/vdev exists on initrd. Please have a look on the output of
lsinitramfs of vdev's initrd and its comparison with non-vdev's initrd
on
https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/lsinitramfs_initrd_vdev_and_non-vdev_20Apr15_1.tar.gz.

Did you have a look on the initramfs.debug log?

According to that initramfs.debug log, vdev's initrd can not find the
following scripts:

mount_top
mount_premount
mount_bottom
nfs_bottom
local_bottom

Is it possible that it should actually use the following scripts instead?

init-top
init-premount
init-bottom
nfs-bottom