:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anto
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On 18/04/15 12:44, Anto wrote:

> Hello Jude,
>
> I have just tried to boot with vdev's initrd, wheezy init, example's
> init on /usr/share/initramds-tools, and only /etc/init.d/vdev on
> /etc/runlevel.conf but the result is the same, i.e. ends up at
> (initramfs) prompt.
>
> I only focus on testing your vdev using the standard wheezy kernel
> 3.2.0, as I am using German keyboard layout so my keyboard does not
> work with vdev on non-standard kernel. Thanks Isaac for pointing this
> out.
>
> I took the picture of my screen, vdev debugging log and dmesg from
> (initramfs) prompt. The picture is still quite bad from photographic
> point of view, but I think it is good enough to give you information.
> Please find them on
> https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/on_initramfs_18Apr15.tar.gz.
>
> Please just let me know if you needed more detail information.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anto

Hello Jude,

I have tried a lot other combinations but the problem remains, that is
the init fails to mount the root partition.

I am not sure why as I can manually mount any disks that are available
on /dev at (initramfs) prompt. I had to do that in order to be able to
copy any logs into the disks or edit /etc/runlevel.conf to restore it. I
also tried to add kernel boot options "root=/dev/sda1 init=/sbin/init",
but that still does not help.

The first error on initramfs.debug is "/init: line 1: mount_top: not
found". Please have a look on that initramfs.debug and its corresponding
dmesg output on
https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/initramfs_debug_logs.tar.gz.

Cheers,

Anto