:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anto
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jude Nelson
Υ/ο: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On 18/04/15 06:08, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hi Anto,
>
> [snip]
>
>     1. compile and install vdev
>     2. copy vdev's initrd into /boot
>     3. rename /sbin/init to /sbin/init.novdev

>     4. copy vdev's init file into /sbin

> The init program in example/initramfs/init goes into
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/init, not /sbin/init :) The initramfs's
> init script is fundamentally different from the init program in
> /sbin. That also explains your inability to reboot.
>
> Basically, when the bootloader loads the initramfs, the kernel mounts
> it as the root device and starts /sbin/init. /sbin/init, in turn,
> runs the script at /init (which you can see from the initramfs shell
> with "ls /"), which is copied into the initramfs image by the
> update-initramfs and mkinitramfs tools from the file
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/init.
>
>     I am still using file-rc instead of sysv-rc, but I didn't clean up
>     /etc/rc?.d directories. I tried to use sysv-rc, but my mouse and
>     keyboard are not being detected when using kernel 3.18.11. They
>     are only being detected on kernel 3.2.0 from wheezy repository. I
>     think there is something wrong with my kernel config but I will
>     investigate that later.

> Not sure yet what could be the cause of your keyboard and mouse not
> working. Let's see what happens after you fix steps 3 and 4--it could
> be a side-effect of the init program being broken, since the init
> program should also run the console setup scripts.
>
> Thanks,
> Jude

Hello Jude,

I have just tried to boot with vdev's initrd, wheezy init, example's
init on /usr/share/initramds-tools, and only /etc/init.d/vdev on
/etc/runlevel.conf but the result is the same, i.e. ends up at
(initramfs) prompt.

I only focus on testing your vdev using the standard wheezy kernel
3.2.0, as I am using German keyboard layout so my keyboard does not work
with vdev on non-standard kernel. Thanks Isaac for pointing this out.

I took the picture of my screen, vdev debugging log and dmesg from
(initramfs) prompt. The picture is still quite bad from photographic
point of view, but I think it is good enough to give you information.
Please find them on
https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/on_initramfs_18Apr15.tar.gz.

Please just let me know if you needed more detail information.

Cheers,

Anto