:: Re: [Dng] Who/what is welcome on th…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: KatolaZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Joel Roth
Υ/ο: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Who/what is welcome on this list?
On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 11:46:54AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

[cut]

> Regardless of the immediate outcome, it is worth asking
> what, exactly, is the problem with T.J.'s posts.
>
> I see much harder fought battles on the perl5-porters over
> technical decisions. People may be temporarily banned for
> personal attacks and certain other bad behaviors, while
> every effort is made to attend to the person's technical
> opinions. Because there are specific definitions of
> unacceptable conduct, the actions of the list-owner or
> moderators can be principled rather than essentially
> personal.
>
> We have few enough VUAs already that it seems wasteful to
> hound out qualified folks who have diverse views and happen
> to be prolific posters.

Hi Joel,

I really have problems understanding your email. I can't see any
personal attack to anybody, no personal offence, no derision or
trolling. I personally can't see any objective reason why anybody
should decide to leave this ML (I have read all the emails sent in the
last 10 days, without finding anything offensive). I have just seen
several discussions, centered on both technical and phylosophical
issues, with many different people participating and making clear
their opinions, and maybe keeping them throughout and after the
discussion, which is usually normal in a mature and democratic
environment.

I don't have any problems with the views expressed by T.J., unless you
see as a problem the fact that I have sometimes criticised them (in a
direct way, which is just something I can't do differently), and I
think that nobody else has any problems either with T.J. or with you
or with me or with anybody else.

We are discussing, and more often than not discussing does not
imemdiately mean "agreeing" :) But again this is normal, especially if
the aims of the participants are very similar, but not identical. I am
sorry, but I can't see anything strange in this....

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]