:: Re: [Dng] Who/what is welcome on th…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nuno Magalhães
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Who/what is welcome on this list?
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Joel Roth <joelz@???> wrote:
> We have few enough VUAs already that it seems wasteful to
> hound out qualified folks who have diverse views and happen
> to be prolific posters.

I don't know nor care what the drama was about for whoever-he-is to
leave. He's free to join, he's free to go - we all are.

This list seems to be open to constructive criticism, technical
opinions and even philosophic discussions (as long as we're on topic).
It's refreshing to see this and i'm glad the trolling and navel-gazing
hard-headed-ness has been kept to a minimum. I don't think anyone is
more important than anyone else, i don't see bosses or hierarchy here,
i get enough of that elsewhere. However, i must state that - as far as
i'm concerned - getting Devuan on its feet should be everyone's
priority.

I expect people to at least act as responsible adults. I don't impose
my expectations on anyone, but here's one of'em. Yes the net is
anarchy, which by my book means "everyone is responsible for their
actions", not "total chaos and mayhem" or "i'm behind a keyboard so my
asshole alter-ego can reveal itself".

If you're going to start acting like spoiled brats, please let me know
in advance so i can fetch some popcorn - i hadn't seen this since IRC
was *the* messenger, i'm getting nostalgic. Or you can grow a skin and
move on (preferably forward).

As a disclaimer, this message is not directed to anyone in particular,
but rather to the list in general. I may also add i don't give a rat's
ass about what any of you thinks personally about me or my opinions.
I'm here to help Devuan get on its feet - even if just by providing
suggestions and moral support, regardless of egos. And i probably
won't reply to an eventual follow-up either, this message alone is a
waste of bandwidth.

Cheers,
Nuno