:: Re: [Dng] devuan security wishlist …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Miles Fidelman
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] devuan security wishlist item
Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 11:16:49AM +0100, Godefridus Daalmans wrote:
>> Talking about security and ttys and login:
>>
>> I would like Devuan to have a clear documentation and good defaults
>> for the Secure Attention Key (SAK).
>>
>> E.g. that any user at the console can expect to do Ctrl-Alt-SysRq-K
>> to work.
> Wasn't there a whole seqence of ctrl-alt-letter things to gradually
> shut down the entire system, layer by layer? Antybody still know
> these, and are they still there?

It's in the kernel, not the distro.
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sysrq.txt
or google "alt sysreq"
>> Too few people know that this even exists in Linux.

Too true. I have the magic list written on sticky, underneath my
keyboard - for those eventualities where things go really South on one
of our servers.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra