:: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too m…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Apollia
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too much complicated : systemd
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 4:50 PM, T.J. Duchene <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:

>> What really puzzles me is why if you love systemd that much you just
>> continue arguing about systemd on the ML of a Debian fork specifically
> born
>> to throw systemd away. Do you think you might be able to convince us that
>> systemd is *good* and *beautiful* and *necessary*? I don't want to be
>> saved, thanks ;)
>
> [T.J. ] To answer your question directly, you speak your mind, I speak
> mine. All well and good. If you disagree with me, that is certainly your
> right, and I've always respected that. I do not understand why my response
> to a "registry joke" by saying that Linux already has a registry in the form
> of gconf has anything to do with systemd. I'm not accusing you of
> anything, KatolaZ, and I certainly do not want to argue on the list. I am
> genuinely puzzled. I'm not trying to change your mind on anything. I'm
> certainly not trying to "save" anyone. I regard you as a respected
> colleague, who I simply do not always agree with.
>
> I am getting the general impression from on and off the list, that my
> comments are not welcome here, and that my continued presence is a
> distraction. Very well. I was going to give it some more thought, but I
> think it would be best if I simply left the list by the end of the day.
> Anything I do with Devuan will be discussed elsewhere. I'll stay on the
> list long enough to finish wrap up a few comments with Jeromil, and a few
> others.
>
> Take care, and no hard feelings.
>
> T.J.

I like your comments and would be happy to see you stay!

I also like everyone else's comments! I am usually too shy to say
much myself, and not technical enough to even follow a lot of what is
said on this list - but, nonetheless, I'd like to say, I am really
inspired by Devuan's mission, progress, and what a great group of
people has gathered here, and I think I'm learning a lot just by
reading and trying to understand things as best I can.

Thanks everyone!

Best wishes,
Apollia