:: Re: [Libbitcoin] access to libbitco…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: Noel Maersk, libbitcoin
New-Topics: [Libbitcoin] Build dependencies / documentation
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] access to libbitcoin website for updates
All of the dependencies can be isolated to a prefix directory, including
boost. The installer of any repo takes care of this with two options:

$ ./install.sh --build-boost --prefix=<path>

This also minimizes the boost build to only the required components.

The minimum boost requirement is 1.50 presently, because of a
boost-locale bug in 1.49.

GCC 4.7 should still work, although the Travis builds test on 4.8. SX
and Obelisk never had CI builds, so it's not really a different
situation there.

We could downgrade the Travis configuration and make 4.7 support
official, but I haven't had a compelling reason to do this. I haven't
tried clang < 3.4, but might be able to do the same there.