:: Re: [Libbitcoin] access to libbitco…
Author: Noel Maersk
To: libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] access to libbitcoin website for updates
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 01:23:18PM -0700, Eric Voskuil wrote:
> Noel,
>
> What's the issue with Debian?

Debian stable has GCC 4.7 and llvm/clang 3.0, so the distribution has to be
upgraded to unstable or testing, or the compilers built from source. It
also has Boost 1.49, which AFAIR might become too old soon.

That's not so big of a deal by itself if the software's to be used on a
dedicated machine (including virtual), but it might be if it's to run on
something with a lot already installed. (I've had dependency trees go
horribly mangled during sysupgrades.)

OTOH, that's still not too big of a deal, 'cause Debian stable's
kind of supposed to be that - stable.

P.S. Last time I've checked, newer packages weren't available through
backports either.