:: [Libbitcoin] Build dependencies / d…
Author: Noel Maersk
To: libbitcoin
Subject: [Libbitcoin] Build dependencies / documentation
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:41:20PM -0700, Eric Voskuil wrote:
> All of the dependencies can be isolated to a prefix directory, including
> boost. The installer of any repo takes care of this with two options:
>
> $ ./install.sh --build-boost --prefix=<path>

Yup, I was thinking more of the general instructions for those few who
want to work with the code, as compared to deploying. Think

https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/Install_entire_toolchain

- which I'll be getting to updating, probably tomorrow...

> This also minimizes the boost build to only the required components.
>
> The minimum boost requirement is 1.50 presently, because of a
> boost-locale bug in 1.49.

... and the READMEs, too, - there's still "1.49" here and there.

> GCC 4.7 should still work, although the Travis builds test on 4.8. SX
> and Obelisk never had CI builds, so it's not really a different
> situation there.
>
> We could downgrade the Travis configuration and make 4.7 support
> official, but I haven't had a compelling reason to do this. I haven't
> tried clang < 3.4, but might be able to do the same there.

Me neither.