:: Re: [Dng] VNC starts to be subsumed…
Author: Jaromil
To: Tom Collins
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] VNC starts to be subsumed by systemd

hi Tom,

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015, Tom Collins wrote:

> http://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=15/03/02/1037248
> " VLC Media Player Gains Support For Logging To Systemd's Journal"

not a problem I'd say. There are plenty of userland applications out
there that have support for systemd and we can be just fine with that,
as long as it is not mandatory. FWIW VLC has also support for OSX stuff,
for Win32 stuff and all sorts of platforms where it is ported.

I see nothing bad in developers choosing to support systemd if they
want. But I would never advise any developer to rely solely on systemd
and less than ever to let his/her own software be entangled in such a
dependency nightmare without any way out, any --without-systemd switch

ciao