:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Logo survey
Author: Nuno Magalhães
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan Logo survey
> On 02/26/15 10:24, Linuxito wrote:
>> The logo threads are multiplying: it shows the impatience is growing.

I disagree. IMHO the logo threads show a lot of users like to chip in
with their opinions. No harm there, and no impatience either. I
believe rushed things tend to hit fans. Therefore, i'd rather wait
longer and have a decent, stable(ish) alpha rather than having a cool
looking breakage-prone thing tomorrow. I vote for Release when ready.™

>> What I'd like to see instead is a focus on a real issue we have, which
>> is shipping desktop background designs. This is not a unique item, so
>> people can have the distro shipped with the background they'd like to
>> use. Isn't that more interesting?

Nope. *To me*, it's neither a real issue nor is it interesting and
along the same lines i don't give a rat's ass about the logo either
(although i obviously do have aesthetic preferences and picked a logo
from the poll). Since alpha's gonna ship with a minimalist DE, i'd go
with a gradient/solid color background and focus developer time in
real issues like removing systemd dependencies. I'd even be cool with
no GUI in the alpha release, but i grok and support how a minimalist
DE is a good compromise.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
> Is likely not going to be the most interesting thing in Devuan, but
> anyway I wish we tag this process soon with some black and white
> minimalist design to be used,

Prior to recent (at least in Debian) releases, Xorg came with the
classic checkered monochrome pattern, i'm cool with that :)
(Now it comes with a black background which is really moronic 'cos it
leaves me wondering "Did --configure barf or is this the root
window?").

My personal 2¢
Cheers,
Nuno