:: Re: [Dng] Devuan Logo survey
Author: Jaromil
To: hellekin
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Devuan Logo survey
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, hellekin wrote:

> On 02/26/15 10:24, Linuxito wrote:
> > The survey was configured to allow only one vote for IP address.
> >
> *** Which allows me, a Tor user, to reload the page and vote again.
> When will people realize that IP address != person? What about people
> sharing a proxy? "Sorry, you already voted!" "Noooo!"

yep that's obvious to many I guess :^) that's why is called poll or
survey not vote.

> Anyway, jaromil, please don't waste a cent to allow a larger survey.

OK

> Martijn seems to have a solution for polls, let's do that instead.
> FWIW.

yes that is a kind offer. I do believe surveys help to choose things the
LEAN way, keeping in touch with the general sense, so yes Martijn we'll
use it.

> The logo threads are multiplying: it shows the impatience is growing.

yes. can we then choose a placeholder logo for now? so that it can be
used without much fuzz. Loving this one by Gravis
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/File:Spiral_double_3.jpg

> What I'd like to see instead is a focus on a real issue we have, which
> is shipping desktop background designs. This is not a unique item, so
> people can have the distro shipped with the background they'd like to
> use. Isn't that more interesting?

Is likely not going to be the most interesting thing in Devuan, but
anyway I wish we tag this process soon with some black and white
minimalist design to be used, I really hope for that. Having different
things to try in the Alpha when ready is also a good idea, base-desktop
is the package to start with.

ciao