:: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consid…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consideration: keep as close to debian as possible
On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 04:22:58 -0500
Gravis <ring3k@???> wrote:

> Like KatolaZ wrote, "the whole Debian project might crumble" and the
> truth is Devuan may be the acid rain deepening the cracks that have
> appeared on the stone statue we know as Debian. As long as we dont
> make absurdly radical changes, it should be easy for derivatives and
> independent packagers to switch to the Devuan base.

True, although I don't think it important whether derivatives and
independent packagers switch to the Devuan base.

Debian Wheezy was outstanding, and the only reasons I didn't go to
Jessie were 1) systemd, and 2) the ugly community that the systemd
problem revealed. So a systemd-free Jessie will be an outstanding
operating system.

And, by the way, I find it quite likely Debian might crumble. They lost
a lot of good minds, just at the time when they needed more smarts in
order to troubleshoot systemd problems.

SteveT