:: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consid…
Author: Gravis
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consideration: keep as close to debian as possible
KatolaZ is 100% correct. Software distributions are remarkably
evolutionary in nature and while it's possible to co-exist, it's a
useful populous and funding that keeps distros alive. Devuan is the
divergence of Debian user base so to stay alive we need to increase
our number of useful people as fast as possible and/or get funded.
While appearance doesn't count for much once you are invested, it's an
important attracting element. The question is, who are we trying to
attract that is best for our survival and what will we do to attract
them. I'm not sure how many will actually switch to avoid systemd but
they will be our users if we release soon enough.

Like KatolaZ wrote, "the whole Debian project might crumble" and the
truth is Devuan may be the acid rain deepening the cracks that have
appeared on the stone statue we know as Debian. As long as we dont
make absurdly radical changes, it should be easy for derivatives and
independent packagers to switch to the Devuan base.

--Gravis