:: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free pack…
Author: Isaac Dunham
To: Jack L. Frost
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free packages
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 06:21:09PM +0300, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 06:10:40PM +0300, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 01:59:48AM +0000, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > > mdev is in busybox. I've managed to bring up my system with it, but
> > > when I tried starting X I couldn't get the keyboard working.
> >
> > That's because by default X tries to hotplug input devices with evdev. And
> > evdev requires libudev.
> > There is a evdev fork that works with libsysdev tho:
> > https://github.com/idunham/xf86-input-evdev
> >
> > There's also a git repo documenting life with mdev on a desktop:
> > https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss
>
> >Isaac Dunham
> Did I really just suggest a person's own project to them? :D

Yup. It's OK, though. I tried running X with mdev several months ago,
and somehow forgot about trying that with libsysdev.

My experiments seemed to indicate that a udev-based X will not get any
input devices when run without udev, so I tried specifying the input
devices (mouse and keyboard) manually. I never figured out the keyboard,
but I could probably find it now with devinfo.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham