:: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free pack…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free packages

hi Jack, Isaac,

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> That's because by default X tries to hotplug input devices with evdev.
> And evdev requires libudev. There is a evdev fork that works with
> libsysdev tho: https://github.com/idunham/xf86-input-evdev

I'm curious to read Nextime's opinions on this, however to me it looks
like we are going to keep libudev and systemd's udev around for a while
in order to minimize the changes in Devuan 1.0.

While I look forward to vdev's development, I think we should change as
little as possible here, despite the fact we will keep some systemd code
around for a little longer (but no systemd daemon running anyway).

ciao