:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Author: Usspookes Lovesystemd
To: Nate Bargmann
CC: dng, t.j.duchene
Subject: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
Modern linux isn't linux. It's something else.

If there is a reason for going beyond the unix permissions it is likely
the same reason we now have backdoors such as Intel Active Management
Technology (aka vpro/vt/etc) and whatever AMD's version of the same thing is.

These things punch a hole in the permissions scheme so the persons making
them and following them do not have to learn or care about what came before
they appeared on the scene.

These things are championed by those who flip their plaid collar up whilst imagining
they are working for "the youth of the world", while wearing heavy black square
rimmed glasses. In reality they are only working to destroy what other before them,
whom they do not respect, created.

And for this to happen so quickly after triumph.

... they even broke TK and ncurses (bastille-linux and anything else that
relys on TK and ncurses too) by "depreciating" things.

As if they have a right to do this.
No more being lead by the nose like a bull with a ring please.
Fork it all.