:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: Steve Litt, dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
Here is /etc/network/interfaces:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# Wifi interface:
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
         wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

# Default name given by wpa_supplicant for wlan0:
iface default inet dhcp

     I didn't invent it. I figured out all that wifi config from some
howto found on the web, probably a Debian howto.
That with wpa_gui and it is done. There might be permission issues for
wpa_gui to connect to wpa_supplicant, but I guess you can solve that.