:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:25:46 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>      Same kind of dislike towards network-manager. This is the first
> package I use to remove after installing Debian. The reason: I don't
> know really what it does and how, but it goes in the middle of my
> way. I am well off with ifplugd, wpa_supplicant and a roaming
> configuration of wlan0.

Didier,

Please, please, PLEASE post instructions on how to do everything
discussed in the preceding paragraph. I've had a lot of trouble
replacing NetworkManager/Wicd with wpa_supplicant and iwlist, even
though I know it's perfectly possible.

If you could place these instructions on the web and let us know the
URL, I know I'd be eternally grateful, and I bet I'm not alone.

SteveT