:: [Dng] Nice feature for vdev
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [Dng] Nice feature for vdev
Hi Jude,

I have no idea if this would be possible, but if it is, it would be
nice.

It would be nice if either:

* vdev doesn't change the screen resolution/display method, or

* vdev enables you to specify screen resolution/display method

Here's the source of this desire. I have bad eyesight. No matter how I
set VGA or console or whatever in Grub, when udev runs, it changes the
screen to a framebuffer with teensy-tiny fonts I can't read. Which
means all my virtual terminals end up with that same teensy-tiny font.

The bottom line is that I can't specify a size for the print on my boot
screen and virtual terminals, and for a guy with bad vision, that's a
problem.

It would be wonderful if vdev could include a way to either not change
the video from what Grub booted, or to enable the user to specify some
kind of command line arg or file content to tell vdev what size type to
use, and/or maybe even whether or not to use a framebuffer.

Thanks,

SteveT