:: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consid…
Author: Renaud OLGIATI
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] recommendation for consideration: keep as close to debian as possible
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:40:33 +0000
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> Having said that, and besides the fact
> that I don't understand what you mean by a "temporary fork" (a fork is
> a fork, it happens at a point in time and unless you can travel back
> in the past, a fork has to be *permanent* by definition), nobody can
> decide now whether in the long run Devuan will drift apart from Debian
> only a bit or substantually.

Fork is permanent only as long as the two branches do not later converge and rejoin.

Who knows, maybe the Debian devs will realize they are missing something, and integrate the non-systemd in a later release...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
      If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace.
                                                   -- Lord John Russell