:: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has m…
Author: Martijn Dekkers
To: KatolaZ
CC: Devuan project
Subject: Re: [Dng] John Goerzen asks, "Has modern Linux lost its way?"
Agree. That's exactly why, IMHO, we should focus on what GNU/Linux
> does better, and refrain from gladly and blindly embracing the last
> miscarriage-piece-of-software "for the good of the large masses of
> desktop users". Simply put, there are no large masses of desktop
> users, and IMHO never will be, so whenever something is proposed for
> the good of these non-existing masses, an alarm should ring in our
> heads.....

I don't even care so much whatever they want to do for desktops. I start
caring when "solutions" for desktops start impacting whatever happens on
the server side. One of the reasons we were actually able to build and
deploy enterprise level Linux desktops over 10 years ago was because there
were none of these insane dependency chains. grumble grumble, now get off
my lawn!