:: Re: [Dng] Some downgrades may be ne…
Author: Svante Signell
To: dng
CC: debian-mate
Subject: Re: [Dng] Some downgrades may be needed e.g. cups Re: Towards systemd-free packages
On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 17:11 -0500, Gravis wrote:
> > Never heard of TDE, so I can't compare it to that.
>
> TDE is "Trinity Desktop Environment" which in reality is just KDE 3,
> like MATE is Gnome 2.

Last time I installed MATE in Debian it was not dependent on *systemd*.
Maybe it is now, I haven't upgraded for some time. However, maybe they
can be persuaded to remove that dependency if it is there. I've followed
#debian-mate and #mate for a while in the past, and could ask again
about the current state again.
(the Cc: will probably not go through, I'm not subscribed)