:: Re: [Dng] Some downgrades may be ne…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Some downgrades may be needed e.g. cups Re: Towards systemd-free packages
On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 01:19:26AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> Last time I installed MATE in Debian it was not dependent on *systemd*.
> Maybe it is now, I haven't upgraded for some time.

In jessie, you need systemd (but not systemd-sysv) for things like shutdown,
reboot, suspend or hibernate from the GUI, seeing battery levels, being able
to mount USB/etc drives, and probably more.

> However, maybe they can be persuaded to remove that dependency if it is
> there.

The dependency goes through the Utopia stack, maintained by some of most
zealous systemd proponents, so that would require quite some work on the
MATE side to fix this regression.

Users and Devuan can simply rebuild stuff against ConsoleKit. For now.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets. Instead, contact the nearest temple