:: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
Author: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
On 02/02/15 08:06, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:

> I was going to have a rude reply here until I read this at the bottom:
>
> a new secure boot implementation: this is a work-in-progress, to have
> more validation of the boot process that it hasn't been tampered with.
> It will integrate a new method of signing images and initrd's
>
> Apart from all the crap that we can tease with, why there are people
> who, rather than improving grub or lilo, waste their time writing a
> bootloader from scratch? Surely not for the benefit of oss. Just for
> their prides or they have too much spare time.
>
> Also for anyone, that couldn't bare to read to the end, journald (the
> most hated part even for systemd supporters) isn't optional now.

It is rapidly becoming a self-dependent, modular, standalone OS that
uses the Linux Kernel.
Not what I want, and definitely not what I want forced upon me.

It really is a classic case of a cuckoo (the bird) egg planted in the nest.
"Oh what a nice looking init replacement, we must have that"
"Oh dear where have all the other babies gone?"
"Not to worry look at the size of this one."
"Oh we are proud parents!"
"Look at it eat everything."
"We can't abandon it what would the neighbours say."
"Must,....must....bring it more food".

Clarke