:: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
Author: Aldemir Akpinar
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] What's new in Systemd
On 2 February 2015 at 13:02, Martijn Dekkers <devuan-list1@???>
wrote:

> http://ma.ttias.be/whats-new-systemd-2015-edition/
>
> tl;dr everything, including the kitchensink.
>
> Some of the listed stuff looks/sounds pretty cool, I just have serious
> reservations of all this stuff belonging to one team. I find it very hard
> to see how any kind of quality can be maintained when delivering so much
> functionality in such a short time.

I was going to have a rude reply here until I read this at the bottom:

a new secure boot implementation: this is a work-in-progress, to have more
validation of the boot process that it hasn't been tampered with. It will
integrate a new method of signing images and initrd's

Apart from all the crap that we can tease with, why there are people who,
rather than improving grub or lilo, waste their time writing a bootloader
from scratch? Surely not for the benefit of oss. Just for their prides or
they have too much spare time.

Also for anyone, that couldn't bare to read to the end, journald (the most
hated part even for systemd supporters) isn't optional now.

--
aldemir